How To Unpair Apple Watch Introduction
If you are wondering “how to unpair Apple watch?” you are in the right place.
There can be many reasons why you would want to unpair Apple watch from your iPhone. For instance, you bought a new iPhone, you want a new Apple Watch, or selling your watch, and so on.
Recently, I bought a new iPhone so I had to unpair my Apple Watch from my old iPhone and pair it with the new device. For this, I had to check a few tutorials on “how to unpair Apple watch from an old phone?”
The good thing is you can still unpair your Apple Watch even if you don’t have the paired iPhone or watch anymore. You will find plenty of videos on “how to unpair Apple watch without phone?” on the web.
If your iPhone is no longer working, you should look for tutorials on “how to unpair Apple watch without the phone?” Or “How to unpair Apple watch without old phone?”
Since many of you are not sure how to unpair Apple watch from iPhone, I am here to help you all. In this guide, I will cover everything you need to know about “how to unpair Apple watch and pair it to new phone?” So without wasting any time, let’s get to the details.
Steps To Unpair Apple Watch When You Have Your iPhone
How to unpair an Apple watch? Based on my experience, the steps are really simple. The process of unpair Apple watch from iPhone becomes much easier when you have both the iPhone and the watch with you. This is because most Apple Watches are equipped with Apple’s activation lock via paired iPhones and iCloud’s Find My App.
The advantage of the activation lock is that it helps you locate your watch and prevent others from using it, in case it gets stolen or lost. It will ask for an Apple password and ID.
How to unpair my Apple watch? The unpairing process deletes and removes your Apple Watch from your iCloud account. It also deactivates the Activation Lock.
How to unpair an Apple watch? In case you didn’t know, Apple automatically creates a backup of your smartwatch when you unpair it from your iPhone. This backup comes in handy when restoring your watch’s data.
Unpair Apple Watch Using The Watch App On iPhone
How to unpair Apple watch from old iPhone? If you have both your Apple Watch and iPhone, you don’t need to follow “How to unpair Apple watch without iphone?”
One of the easiest ways to go about “how to unpair your Apple watch?” is by using the Watch App. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Place both your iPhone and Apple Watch on their chargers. Or make sure that both the devices have at least 50% charge.
- Place the two devices near one another.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone.
- Select the My Watch Tab and choose All Watches located on the top of the screen.
- Locate the name of the watch you want to unpair and tap the Info button next to it.
- Select the option Unpair Apple Watch.
- For Apple Watches with cellular and GPS services, you can choose to remove or keep your cellular plan. In case you want to pair the devices again, it’s better to keep your plan. If you don’t want to use the Apple Watch with your present iPhone, you can remove the plan.
- Once you are done, tap to confirm.
- Now enter your Apple ID and password to deactivate your watch’s iCloud Activation Lock.
- While the unpairing process is on, Apple will auto-create a backup.
- Once the watch is unpaired, a pairing message will show up on the screen.
So now you know how to unpair Apple watch from watch. Just follow these steps and you can complete the process “how to unpair Apple watch from phone?” with ease. It takes just a few minutes to get the whole “how to unpair and repair Apple watch?” done.
Steps To Unpair Apple Watch Without Your iPhone
If you are wondering how to unpair Apple watch from broken phone? Or How to unpair an Apple watch without the phone? Pay attention to this section.
In some cases, when your iPhone is broken, stolen, or lost, you are left with no option but to unpair your Apple Watch without your iPhone.
What I like about Apple is that it allows you to unpair your Apple Watch even without the iPhone.
If your watch uses watchOs2https://www.apple.com/hk/en/watchos-2-preview/ or above, Apple automatically activates the Activation Lock on your watch. So when you try to unpair the watch from the paired iPhone, it disables the Activation Lock and removes it from your iCloud account.
How to unpair an Apple watch from an old phone? Now if you no longer have the paired iPhone, you will have to disable the Activation Lock manually.
Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone
How to disconnect Apple watch without iPhone? Once again, the steps are simple. All you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- Access the Settings section on your Apple Watch.
- Go to General and choose Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Now scroll down and choose Erase All.
- For Apple Watches with cellular services, you can remove or keep your cellular plan. If you wish to keep the cellular plan, choose the option Erase All & Keep Plan.
- Give some time to Apple to delete your watch.
- Once it is done, turn off your Apple Watch.
- Use the Find My App on a device that’s using the same Apple ID as your watch. Alternatively, you can access iCloud on a mobile or computer and sign in using your Apple ID.
- If using the website, select Find My iPhone App.
- Choose the option Devices or All Devices.
- Select your Apple Watch.
- Select Remove From Account. On the Find My App, tap Remove This Device, and on the website, hit the X button.
- If the option to remove the watch is not visible, check if you have turned off your Apple Watch.
- Once the Apple Watch is removed, the Activation Lock will be disabled. It means, you can no longer track your device or prevent someone else from using it.
After reading the above steps, you know how to unpair Apple watch from old phone. So next time when you feel the need to “How do you unpair an Apple watch?” make sure to follow these steps.
How To Unpair Apple Watch Without The Watch?
How do I unpair my Apple watch without the watch? Let’s say, your watch is broken or no longer working. Then also, you can unpair it from your iPhone. This option also comes in handy if your Apple Watch gets stolen.
To unpair watch from iphone, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Find My App on your iPhone which is using the same Apple ID as your watch. Or you can access the iCloud site and sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you choose the website, select Find iPhone App.
- Choose the Devices tab or All Devices.
- Select the option Apple Watch.
- Choose Erase Apple Watch or Erase This Device.
- Tap the Continue button and wait for Apple to delete your watch.
- Once the watch is deleted, you can remove it from your iCloud account.
- On the iCloud site, hit the X button next to the watch’s name to remove it.
- In the Find My App, select the option Remove This Device.
- Hit the Remove button to confirm your action.
- Now disable the Activation Lock. Once this is done, you can no longer track your device. Also, others can pair the watch with their devices.
So far I have discussed how to unpair Apple watch without iphone, and Apple watch. Knowing how to unpair Apple watch and pair to new phone makes it easier to go about it. You will find these steps helpful when upgrading your iPhone. You can also utilize these steps if your Apple Watch or iPhone gets stolen.
Steps To Reset An Apple Watch
Now that you know how to unpair Apple watch without phone and password, let’s move on to other important things. In this section, I will tell you how to reset Apple watch and pair again. So if you want to know how to reset Apple watch without paired phone, you should pay attention to this section.
To reset an Apple watch, you need to follow these steps:
- Access the Settings app.
- Go to the General section and choose the Reset option.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings on the device.
- Now enter the watch’s password.
- Hit the Erase All button.
This will factory reset Apple watch. However, it should be noted that it doesn’t create a backup, meaning you will lose all the saved data and settings.
For those asking “How to factory reset Apple watch?” You can also connect your watch to the charger and press the Power button until you see the power menu appear on the screen. Hold down the crown of the watch until the Reset option appears and then select Reset.
You can use this method in a scenario where “I found an Apple watch how do I reset it?”
You already know how to disconnect Apple watch from iphone. Now let me tell you how to reset an Apple Watch from a paired iPhone.
- First, go to the My Watch app on your iPhone.
- Choose the watch that you want to reset.
- Go to the General section of that watch and select the Reset button.
- Now select the option Erase The Content and Settings.
- This is how to reset Apple watch without paired phone.
Now that you know how do you reset an Apple watch, it will be easier for you to go about it.
Steps To Pair, Unpair And Restart An Apple Watch
In this section, I will tell you how to unpair Apple watch from iphone and restart it. Here are the steps you need to follow.
Paring An Apple Watch To An iPhone:
- Launch the My Watch app on your iPhone.
- With the Apple Watch on your wrist, hold the phone camera to the face of the watch.
Unpairing An Apple Watch From An iPhone:
- Go to the My Watch App on your iPhone.
- Choose the All Watches tab and tap on the Info button next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- You can also opt for the option to create a backup before unpairing the watch.
Restart An Apple Watch:
- Press down the Power button until you see the Power menu pops up.
- Select the Digital Power button to turn off the device.
- Now switch it back on by pressing the Power button.
So now you know how to reset the Apple watch and pair it again.
By now you should know how the Apple watch unpair process works. You can unpair watch both with and without the paired iPhone. You can also unpair iwatch without the watch. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned in this guide and you are good to go. I hope you found this post helpful.
FAQs about How to Unpair Apple Watch
How do I unpair an Apple Watch that is already paired?
You can unpair an Apple Watch using the Watch App on your device.
How do I unpair my Apple Watch and pair my new phone?
You can unpair your Apple Watch from your old iPhone using the Watch App and then pair it with your new phone.
How do I unpair my watch without a paired phone?
You can factory reset your Apple watch to unpair it from a missing paired iPhone.
Why is my Apple Watch still paired after I unpair it?
Your Apple Watch may stay paired even after unpairing it, if you don’t delete it from your iCloud account.
Why can’t I unpair my Apple Watch?
If the unpairing is not working, chances are that your Apple Watch is already unpaired or you are doing something wrong.
How do I unlink my Apple Watch from my iPhone?
By using the Watch app you can unlink or unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
Do you have to unpair the Apple Watch before pairing a new one?
Yes, you need to unpair your old Apple Watch before pairing a new one.