If you are in the Google Ecosystem using Google’s various products including an Android device then you might be familiar “Google Assistant“. Its baked inside your phone’s operating system and can do various tasks assigned by you.
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is an artificial intelligence-powered virtual assistant developed by Google that is primarily available on mobile and smart home devices. Unlike the company’s previous virtual assistant, Google Now, the Google Assistant can engage in two-way conversations.
Benefits of Using Google Assistant
- Google Assistant can do a number of tasks initiated by the user verbally or through manual input.
- It has the capability of controlling smart devices and smart homes.
- Search for information online to tap restaurants bookings, direction on the map, weather status, and current news.
- It is also capable of accessing pieces of information from the apps installed on your devices.
- Google Assistant also controls music and can play content on your chrome cast.
- Make appointments, run timers and set reminders in real-time.
Enable the Hindi Language for Google Assistant
- On your home screen press and hold the home button to invoke Google Assistant.
- Now click on the Explore button, as shown in the picture below.
- On the resultant window, click on your profile and select “Settings“.
- Inside the Settings panel, click on the “Assistant” tab.
- Under the assistant tab, click and select “Languages“.
- The Assistant languages page would offer you to add more languages other than English, Simply click on “Add a language“.
- and, now scroll down and select the language “Hindi“.
You have now successfully enabled the language Hindi. The Google Assistant will now communicate with you in Hindi. However please note that this feature is still in Beta hence do not expect 100 percent accuracy.
In our testing, Google Assistant did really well. Occasionally the app had difficulties to understand certain phrases and results were totally different. Make sure to use it in a quieter environment as it faces more difficulties to understand Hindi with a lot of background noise.
If you feel like to disable the Hindi language for the assistant, simple click on Hindi and scroll to choose none.