What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is a word processor which is available as a web application, mobile app for Android, iOS, Windows, BlackBerry, and as a desktop application on Google’s ChromeOS. It is developed by Google and saves its data over Google Drive which is another free to use Google-developed cloud storage. This application allows the user to create and edit files while collaborating with other users in real-time.
What is PDF?
Portable Document Format or commonly called PDF is a file format developed by Adobe in the 1990s to present documents, including text formatting and images, in a manner independent of application software, hardware, and operating systems. PDF has an ability to correctly display content such as documents, forms, images, and web pages encoded in PDF format.
Convert Google Docs to PDF on Android
Since PDF is widely used and recommended, we shall learn how can you extract contents from a Google Doc sheet into a PDF encoded file easily.
- On your device download and install Google Docs if not already.
- On the home screen of the app, click on three dots that appear next to your desired file.
- Simply click on “Download” from the pop-up windows.
- Google Docs by default will download the file in a PDF format.
Now if the above method is not working on your Android phone, then you can follow the steps shown in Method 2 below.
- Open Google Docs and select and click on the desired file.
- Click on Three dots at the top right-hand side.
- From the resultant drop-down menu, click on “Share & export“.
- Again from the new menu, click on “Save as“.
- Select the format as “PDF” and hit “OK“.
This would open the file as PDF on your phone. Press the download options on the windows to have the file locally on your Android phone.
The PDF files would be available on your Google Drive folder. But on the phone through Google Docs you will not be able to open it.