Cydia Impactor is a powerful tool, the only real way to install unsigned iOS apps, games, and jailbreaks onto our iOS devices. It’s a well-used app and is great for installing the many app installers released to replace Cydia. Keep reading for all the details.
Before You Start
There are a couple of things you need to know about Cydia Impactor before you download it:
- You must use your Apple ID with Cydia Impactor
- Any apps installed with a free Apple ID will expire after 7 days and require reloading – 12 months with a paid developer ID.
- iTunes is not needed for the process, but it must be up to date.
How to Use Cydia Impactor
- First, download Cydia Impactor app for your computer from the given link.
- Download the .ipa file for the app or game you want
- Plug your device into your computer
- Launch Cydia Impactor app and wait for your iOS device to be detected
- Drag the .ipa file into Cydia Impactor
- Click OK to dismiss the Expired Certificates warning
- Type your Apple ID, click OK and leave it
- When Cydia Impactor has finished the app or game will be on your home screen
Before you use it
- Open Settings > General on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on Profiles
- Find the app profile or your Apple ID in the list and tap it
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
- Your app or game is now ready to use.
Cydia Impactor Features
Cydia Impactor has several useful features:
- Connection Bridging – helps you to bridge connections between computer and iOS device. Also helps you to restart and disconnect connections so long as you know the port number
- Android Device Rooting – if you are on v2.3 or lower, you can easily update to v 5.0. Install Cydia Impactor, connect your device, Click Start and leave it to update
- Unlock Bootloader – generate the bootloader file for your iOS device using an identifier token; unlock and lock Bootloader quickly
- USB Drivers – no need to search for USB drivers, they are all included, but you must manually install them first
- Package Installation – get mod packages and flash them, root packages, update them and recover files to your device manually
Frequently Asked Questions
We get a lot of questions asked about Cydia Impactor and, to help you out, we provide the answers to the most common ones.
How Do I Fix The Provision.cpp Error
These errors tend to happen when you input your Apple ID, or the developer portal has gone down.
Can I Use Cydia Impactor to Jailbreak My Device?
Yes and no. While Cydia Impactor itself is not a jailbreak tool, it can be used to sideload some of the more recent, semi-untethered, jailbreaks that have been released and the instructions to do so are exactly the same as the guide above.
What Do I Do If My Device Is Not Detected?
There could be any number of reasons why this might happen, and it most likely comes down to iTunes not being installed, not being up to date or your device not connecting to the commuter correctly.
- Delete and reinstall iTunes
- Check your cable is working and that it is an official cable
- Check that the USB ports on your computer are working
- Try another computer
Cydia Impactor is a fantastic tool that helps us to install just about any .ipa file in existence. Easy to use, free, try it today. Follow us on Facebook for more cool tips.